Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Another blogging hiatus

I will be offline for two weeks or until I find a place to connect again... Our German internet provider said it takes that long before they hook us up :-( Ok, so Germans have a different take on customer service than Americans. Even the most basic products and services are described in explicit, almost technical, detail but to get your hands on them takes a little longer.

B and I were looking at irons online the other day. We had to smile when we read about the exact amount of water a tank holds, the exact number of holes on the sole plate and about the pressure at which the steam comes out. In the US, we'd go to Target or Walmart and we had the option to pick the prettiest color or go by price.

So, I won't be cuddled up behind the comfort of my computer screen. A little fresh air will do me good and I'll have that much more to blog about when I return....

1 comment:

Gardner said...

Good luck with the Internet. I've heard some nightmares, but our experience was actually pretty good. We waited less time than they told us.