Monday, March 16, 2009

Fulda




This winter has been a long one and we were glad to get out of our apartment and take a half-day trip to Fulda (English version of the site is not very complete). The town is located about 1.5 hours northeast of Frankfurt.

We were surprised to find a big pedestrian area and baroque historical buildings, including a palace. One of the coolest structures is the "Hexenturm" or witches tower. We also found a street sign in the old-style German lettering. This being a university town, it is also very popular with students.

I can't wait for spring to start!

4 comments:

Ella Everywhere said...

Hi there, I happened tp stumble across your blog.

I really liked reading your comments on life in Germany. I actually grew up just outside of Frankfurt, my father still lives there.

Have a good weekend :)

Anonymous said...

Hi American in Oberursel,

I am an American in the Taunus and enjoyed reading some of your comments and observations. I have an English-language magazine and am looking for someone to help me come up with tips on FFM/Rhine Main to share with the international community to make life here more bearable. Would you be interested in helping?

P.S. Unfortunately, it seems that Spring has been temporarily delayed by the snow!

American in Oberursel said...

Hi Anonymous,

glad you enjoy my blog. I would be interested in helping you with tips. May I propose that you post an email address where I can contact you? I can delete your post right afterwards if you don't want that email address to be public.

P.S. Hitting the slopes of the Feldberg may be an option today :-)

Ella Everywhere said...

Hi there, thanks for the comment on my blog :)

Sure I'd be interested in hosting your blog, but I'm still a little new to this whole thing, so I'm not exactly sure what that means. Hehe.

Anyway, have a good weekend!