Monday, March 10, 2008

Monday, March 10, 2008




Couch potato



Ok, I know it seems trivial, but I need some feedback. Here are some pictures of the taupe/greyish couch we acquired and we would like to accessorize with some blues and greens. This is a cry for help to all interior designers out there :-)


I am also attaching a picture of a vase that we have on the window sill. The aqua blue and green appeals to us because it reminds us of our vacations in Mexico and the Caribbean. But I am not sure it goes with the rest of the room. We still need to hang pictures and put in plants.
We know of IKEA and Thomas Wohncenter here in the Frankfurt area but if anyone has good tips on other design and furniture centers, please respond.





4 comments:

American in Oberursel said...

Hey DCGermanGirl,

so good to hear from you. Thank you for all the info. I copied and saved it on my laptop for reference before (accidentally) deleting your and my reply from the blog. Still getting used to the blogs features....

Give my regards to all the Marshmellows and Gummibears in the guilded cage :-) I miss everyone.

Martina said...

A few furniture stores:

Segmüller in Weiterstadt
Höffner in Gründau-Lieblos
Mann Mobilia in Eschborn

You definitely need an area rug under the coffee table to add some color!

American in Oberursel said...

Thanks for the good tips, Martina. I think Mann Mobilia sounds like it's not too far from us. I want to add an area rug but I don't want the traditional rectangular thing. It would make everything seem too... boxy and rectangular. Still need to hang up pictures and paintings which will add color. And I want a huge planter with a palm tree.

Anonymous said...

In Frankfurt there is a shop called "Das Depot" http://www.dasdepot.com/depot-filialen/depot-filiale-66.html

There you should find great stuff for decorting