Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Whirlwind Tour


We just returned from a quick trip to NY, NH and MN. I had never been to New York City before and I just kept looking up at the skyscrapers. I was reminded of two movies - "The Fisherking" and "Batman". A building on Lexington reminded me of the first and all of Manhattan at night reminded me of the second movie. Here is a picture of something else we saw:


Loved going to the MoMA, Times Square, Rockefeller Center... but wait... this is supposed to be a blog about Germany. It was good to see a bit of the US before the move and a nice distraction from the stress. Even our flights on Thanksgiving Day were a breeze.

Our total immersion continues - we were invited by Bavarian friends for a pre-Thanksgiving, German-American dinner and B appreciated their Bavarian accent in high German. The hostess even made Semmelknödel in our honor. These are dumplings made with aged bread, milk, onions, eggs and contain parsley and mushrooms among other ingredients. I brought pumpkin pie.

2 comments:

Martina said...

I *love* Semmelknödel :-) I've never had any with mushrooms in them, though.

C N Heidelberg said...

SEMMELKNOEDEL.
They are the best food in the whole world.
Well, one of them anyway.