Saturday, May 3, 2008

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Aha Moment

It is really not that noteworthy but I wanted to share a little tip for anyone looking for a Euro or 50 cents to put into the shopping cart slot to pull it out of the cart corral... An American quarter also does the trick.

Is it just me or does no one in the family feel the urge to call me now that I blog? It's probably just me whining a little...

While I am at it, why does every free public surface have to be covered with graffiti? If I were dictator, I would outlaw paint in spray bottles.

3 comments:

Martina said...

Graffiti isn't a problem where I live.

As far as the shopping cart coins: once you've lived here long enough, you will have an entire *collection* of plastic/metal coins for shopping carts, the grocery stores hand them out as freebies on a regular basis, sometimes attached to keychains.

American in Oberursel said...

Hi Martina, good to hear from you again. I am constantly digging for coins in my purse for the carts. I have not seen the freebie coins yet, although I am avidly collecting my Treuepunkte at Rewe.

Gardner said...

That is hilarious - a quarter works too. My wife has a one Euro coin in the car and no one is allowed to touch it. I only drive occasionally, or on trips with the fam.